How You Can Help
Adoption License Plate
For Jamie's Sake
Our Services Include:
- Informative brochures and pamphlets about foster care and adoption agencies for those seeking to foster or adopt
- Books- available for checkout- (pertaining to foster care and adoption issues)
- Clothing Closet- we provide clothing, shoes, pajamas, and much more for the children or families in need
- Pillow Pals- we provide new standard size pillows for children in foster care
- Luggage of Love- the items that we provide from the clothing closet are placed into a piece of luggage. This piece of luggage is for the child to keep. Nothing is sent out in garbage bags.
- Birthday Parties for children in foster care- we provide the birthday cake, a present, and decorations for the party
- *SNAP (Special Needs Adoption Program) Christmas Party
- Adoption License Plate- the first ever!
- “Wish Upon A Star”- we will make a wish come true for children in foster care (for example: sport camps, music classes, class trips, etc.)
- Journey Home- one day awareness event in May to make the community aware about foster care *coming again 2011*
- Easter baskets for children in foster care- we provide an Easter basket filled with candy and toys for the children
- “You Sure Are Sweet”- social workers, foster parents, or teachers can nominate a child in foster care that deserves to be recognized for an accomplishment (good grades, good behavior, making a school team, etc.)
- Adoption Celebrations- celebrating at the courthouse with parents and children on their newly created “forever families”
- All God’s Children- seeking churches to sponsor a child in *SNAP (Special Needs Adoption Program) for a year long commitment. We want the church to pray for a “forever family” for the child their sponsoring. Other ways of sponsoring the child is sending birthday cards, Easter baskets, school supplies, etc. The purpose for this campaign is simple; forever families for the children or lifelong commitments are made for the children with the church family.
in the Kyova Mall at the old Footlocker store
Tuesday and Friday 10-8 P and Saturday 1-5
Inspire U store is a trendy clothing store exclusively for children in
foster care grades 6-12
The clothing is of no charge to them; they can receive
8 clothing items and 3 nonclothing (shoes, jewelry, etc.) per month